Can I do this? I’m not really a tech person…
If you can stream Netflix and access email you can do online counseling. Simple Practice, the secure software I use has great tech support to help us troubleshoot any issues and we will always have a back-up plan if the internet goes out as we all know it tends to do.
Who is Teletherapy for?
- Individuals 18 and over
- People who can stream Netflix and navigate their email/the internet
- Busy people
- People who are unable to leave home
- People who live in an area where the weather is unpredictable (hello Colorado)
- People who are struggling to manage their lives and would like support that fits their lifestyle
Who is Teletherapy NOT for?
- Individuals 17 and under (for this practice; some providers do see children and adolescents online very successfully)
- Complex mental health diagnoses such as Bipolar Disorder, or any kind of Psychosis, Personality Disorders, etc.
- Severe substance use disorders
- Anyone who has suicidal or homicidal ideation or a history of suicide attempts
- Individuals who need a significant level of care and support or feel like they are in crisis